Our mission is to provide facilitation of collaborative stormwater management and pollution prevention efforts and assist the West Valley communities to comply with the municipal stormwater permit and to meet water quality objectives and protect beneficial uses.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards. We are honest, authentic, accountable, and deliver our commitments.
- Teamwork - We foster productive relationships through respect, communication, and collaborate to achieve common goals.
- Efficiency - We are resourceful and strategic to optimize the efficiency, effectiveness, and cost benefit from collective pollution prevention efforts.
- Excellence - We are action-oriented and drive results strategically. We continually assess our performance and proactively seek opportunities to improve programs and services.
- Innovation - We foster creativity and encourage thinking forward as we meet challenges and explore new opportunities and future possibilities.
Our 2022 Strategic Priorities
1. Stormwater Permit Compliance
New MRP 3.0 Requirements:
- C.3 New Development & Redevelopment - regulated projects, roads & right of way projects, Green Stormwater Infrastructure Plan Implementation & General Plan Amendments.
- C.3 New Development & Redevelopment, C.4 Industrial & Commercial Site Controls, C.5 Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination (IDDE), and C.6 Construction Site Controls standard operating procedures.
- C.9 Pesticide Management Plans, reporting and tracking.
- C.11/C.12 PCB controls in old industrial areas and bridges and overpasses.
- C.10 Trash Plan development & full capture device installation.
- C.20 Cost Reporting framework.
- New Annual Report tracking guidance.
2. Finance and Administration
- Negotiate Santa Clara County Fire Inspection Agreement.
- Conduct request for proposals to conduct a public opinion poll to evaluate support for a potential future property fee.
- Evaluate other revenue opportunities as identified in the 2021 Cost of Service and Long-Term Funding Option Study.
- Assess the need for and develop fiscal, administrative and human resource policies and procedures.
3. Stormwater Education
- Implement the public information and outreach strategy; leverage local and regional collaboration to enhance opportunities.
- Implement Valley Water Grant to develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan at Westmont High School.
- Implement Valley Water Grant to conduct projects with Youth Commissions.
- Conduct training to elected officials and staff on the new MRP 3.0 requirements.
- Evaluate information technology management, e.g., equipment and asset inventory, maintenance, software updates, information technology support, security, back-up etc.
- Participate in countywide Information Management Ad Hoc Task Group
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities.