Our mission is to provide facilitation of collaborative stormwater management and pollution prevention efforts to assist the West Valley communities to comply with the municipal stormwater permit and improve water quality.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and professional standards. We pledge to fulfill our duties and deliver on our commitments.
- Teamwork - We pursue productive relationships through communication, collaboration, understanding, and respect.
- Efficiency - We maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and cost benefit from collective pollution prevention efforts.
- Excellence - We pursue distinction with a passion. We proactively assess our performance and strive to continuously improve programs, services, and work product.
- Innovation - We foster creativity as we explore opportunities and meet challenges.
Our 2020 Strategic Priorities
1. Stormwater Permit Compliance
- Continue progress towards trash reduction targets of 100% reduction from 2009 levels by July 1, 2022.
- Negotiate new municipal regional permit provisions (MRP 3.0).
- Update the stormwater inspection program and illegal discharge response plan.
- Support implementation of SB205 requirements.
- Conduct legislative analysis and advise of proposed legislation that may impact member agencies.
2. Finance and Administration
- Hire financial consultant to evaluate long-term funding options.
- Evaluate options for providing benefits to staff, other revenue opportunities, and Authority’s Reserve Fund.
- Develop employee performance management system.
- Set up CalPERS 457 Deferred Compensation Plan for employees.
- Evaluate options for a vehicle lease and maintenance services.
- Evaluate potential cost savings for professional liability insurance.
- Assess the need for and develop fiscal, administrative and human resource policies and procedures.
3. Stormwater Education
- Implement the 2020 Public Information and Outreach Strategy.
- Conduct pilot study to evaluate use of social media e.g., Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube to increase reach to target audiences and evaluate resource impact/needs.
- Develop member only website.
- Conduct a baseline survey of resident’s knowledge and behaviors related to stormwater pollution in partnership with San Jose State University MPA class.
- Complete series of stormwater videos for Authority’s website, social media and general outreach campaigns.
- Support Campbell and Los Gatos to complete design and installation of ten trash and recycling receptacles, pet waste stations and interpretive trail signs along a six mile stretch of Los Gatos Creek (Valley Water B2 Grant).
- Deploy CloudCompli software solution to automate, digitize workflow and streamline stormwater inspection compliance and reporting.
- Utilize technology to optimize operational efficiencies and tracking/reporting procedures.
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities.